Monday, September 26, 2011

If Sundays Were Always Like This

Since I didn't get to sleep in yesterday, I was really looking forward to it today.  I slept in till about 10:30, which is really late for me.  It probably would've been longer had it not been for my roommate James wandering into my room and asking me if I wanted pancakes.  I was really out of it, so I mumbled something really in-audible and with one eye open...nodded yes. Then after pancakes I went back to bed.

 My homeward in Spanish Fork was having their Primary Program today.  So James, Jesse, Jonny, Sam, Aunt Myrna, Grandma and I all headed down to support my primary age siblings.  Added to my family, that made 12 people there from our "clan".  We took up a whole bench.  I'm way proud of my little brother Mack though...he got up and said his line in front of the whole congregation by himself.  We had to leave right after Sacrament Meeting though :(  I had to run back to the house to grab some piano music and my football gloves to take back to the apartment.  When we got to my house, we found a plethora of fresh fruits from our garden.  Peaches, Pears, Raspberries, and apples all over the kitchen.  They were really tasty.  Too bad we didn't bring any back with us.

Grandma got back from her cruise to Alaska yesterday.  So she cooked a big sunday dinner for us today.  One thing on the table I was extra careful to avoid was the pickled beets.  I don't know what it is about grandma, but she sure loves them.  If she sees you not eat something from the table, then she points it out as though you "forgot" to take them.  So I dumped a little of the juice on my plate to make it look like I'd had some.  Gotta credit James for the idea on that one. 

A sunday dinner isn't something you eat in portions.  You eat a sunday dinner in heaps and helpings.  Jonny apparently wasn't aware of this rule though and it wasn't until he asked for more potatoes that he found out.  Simply put, if you want seconds, you have to finish your firsts quickly, or take a large first helping.  Needless to say, I was quite full following grandma's delicious dinner and I headed downstairs for a nap. 

Then came the not so fun stuff...the procrastinated homework.  I quickly finished my history quizzes, then moved on to do my math.  Ugh, math has never been one of my strengths, but James showed me that if I did it on a whiteboard, I might improve.  So far, doing it on  the whiteboard has helped tremendously.  One thing that did go wrong though, was my Bose Companion 5 computer speakers failing to cooperate with my computer.  Anybody that knows about Bose, knows that they don't come cheap.  So I'll have to call Bose support tomorrow.
They were my senior gift.  They are also very special to me because mom and dad spent a little more than they were planning to on them.  So I want to do everything I can to make sure that their gift is well cared for.

Tomorrow starts a new week of work and school, it also includes a math test...may my ancestors give me strength...

No comments:

Post a Comment