Monday, September 26, 2011

Perserverance or Desperation?

Today was full of victories and set backs for yours truly.  For those of you who read yesterday's post, you know that I was having trouble with my speaker system.  I'm happy and relieved to say that that problem got fixed and I am happily enjoying music.  While I scored a victory there, I was set back in my math goals.  You see, math was never my strong point in high school.  Now that I'm in college things have gotten a little better.  Except for today.  Have you ever had one of those "What just happened?" moments?  That was math class for me today.  It reminds me of a kid history video:

The part I'm referring to is when the mom comes and collects her "share" of the money.

Something else that happened today that caused quite a bit of stress was the misplacement of my iPod.  I searched all over the apartment for it and upstairs.  I even went as far as to dump out the garbage, recycling, and yard waste cans and dig through them for it.  When I didn't find it there, I came back inside to find my iPod sitting in plain site across the hallway in my roommate's bedroom.  That prompted the "Why me?" question.

But I bet all of the things that didn't go as planned were nothing compared to the stress my roommate Jonny must've felt when he discovered a virus disabling his .exe files on his computer.  Luckily, an hour or so later he was able to get it fixed.

All in all, I guess I can't complain.  Life's good, and in the long run, who cares if I missed a couple questions on a math assignment or searched for my iPod forever?  It's the things like that that make good stories.  After all, this has "gotta be the good life"

2 comments: