Sunday, September 25, 2011

Post #1

Well I've gotta say, this blog has been a long time coming.  As Mr. Cobb from Inception would say..."What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious."  Well that's about how my idea for this blog was.  Now that I'm moved out, this blog will be a great way for everyone back home to see the happenings of my day.  It's kind of exciting actually.  As you may have read in the description this blog is also going to double as a journal.  Don't get me wrong, writing in an actual journal is great, but as a busy college student constantly on the go, this is just easier. I know you probably don't want to spend your time reading about one of the the thousands of male college students' everyday lives.  I know I wouldn't, but I'll try to make this interesting.

But enough of the boring stuff, let's get to why you're here...

Today, or rather, yesterday (it's 1:00 in the morning haha) was saturday.  My sleep-in day after a long week of school and work.  Needless to say I was really looking forward to it.  As 8:00 a.m. rolled around I got a call from one of my younger cousins asking me to go play football with a bunch of guys from his ward.  I haven't done a lot of exercise lately due to my extremely busy schedule (shame on me) and I didn't want to get up because I was really tired.  But my disgust for my sedentary lifestyle got the better of me and I got out of bed.  I'm actually rather glad I did.  football was a lot of fun, and come to find out, they're playing next week.  Finally!  An exercise routine!  Or at least the start of one.

I also drove back home to Spanish Fork today to visit the family.  My little brother Mack (he's 4) had asked my mom for help to leave a voicemail on my phone telling me to come home and play.  What can you do?  I waited so long for a little brother (14 years) and I hardly get to spend time with him now.  So of course I went. 

When I got back to the apartment, one of my best buds from High School came up from Snow to visit.  It was good to see him again.  He's actually got his mission call now to Chile.  It's quite surprising to see how fast we've all grown up.  I won't leave till summer of next year.  By that time, most of my friends will have left for their missions. 

And lastly, this evening my roommates and I played Cranium.  I'd never played before, but it was a blast and we all had a good time.  Plenty of peanut M&M's and Swedish Fish to go around that's for sure (thanks Costco). 

Well that's it for tonight.  Lucky for me, my home ward doesn't start till 1:00 p.m. so I'll be able to sleep in later tomorrow to make up for the time I've spent on this blog tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment