Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Universe Provides!

Have you ever had one of those moments when you want something or need something really bad and the events of your day play right into your needs?  I have those moments every now and then.  For example, there was a math assignment last week which I was pretty sure I performed badly on.  As luck would have it, the teacher decided not to collect homework that day.  In that case, it would've been appropriate to say "The Universe Provides!"  Another great example was something that happened last year during my Sr. year of high school.  Like many seniors, I chose sleep over breakfast and went to school hungry.  As luck would have it, someone brought boxes of doughnuts to class to celebrate something along with OJ and Chocolate Milk.  The Universe Provides!  Another way of saying that would be like this:

I had one of those moments today actually.  My school schedule on Tuesdays requires me to be at school from 1:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. then another class at 7:30 p.m. across the freeway.  This gives me just enough time to run to the apartment and grab a snack and then head out again.  Today we got out late :(  Just my luck.  I didn't have time to eat anything, so I went without.  About halfway through the lecture, my professor held up a green bag full of chocolates and said: "This was in here when I came in and I don't know who's it is, but I bet you guys would like some."  The Universe Provides!  And further still, my neighbor shared some sweet tarts with me!  I'd say that's about as good as it gets.

One more experience I'll share happened with my truck.  During high school, my dad and I often switched cars  (the mini-van which I named Dolores and my little truck) based on who needed what that day.  I found out that if I ran my truck almost out of gas before my dad needed it, that he would have no choice but to fill it and it would come back to me with at least a half-tank.  Of course, he did it to me too, but I would only put in enough gas to get by, and he would fill the truck.  I probably owe him some gas money still...but it's all in fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment