Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In a Prime State of Mind

Have you ever had one of those days where you feel different than usual?  Like your mindset is just a little off?  For better or worse?  I bet we all have those days.  So how do we cope?  Well if it's a mindset that improves your day...I'd say not to do anything to change it, but if it's one of those days, (you know the kind) that just gets ya down I always draw on music to help my mood.  Then, inevitably, something will happen in my day to make me chuckle. 

I guarantee that you've noticed my music playlist on the right side of the screen because I've set it to play automatically.  That playlist houses a compilation of the songs I play depending on my mood.  If I'm feeling lonely I'll play the song "Optimus" by Steve Jablonsky


If I'm feeling angry, then you can bet I'll be playing Hero from Skillet:


If I'm sad I'll play Good Life from One Republic  (we've all heard it so I won't post it)


If I'm super pumped or feeling a little indignant I'll play Heart of Courage from TFSH:


Lastly, if I'm feeling just kinda relaxed, I love to play I'm Still Here by John Rzeznik:



All of these songs contribute to my emotional music playlist.  There are a lot of in-betweens too.  I'm surprised I left country out of this loop.  Needless to say, if I'm feeling a little depressed about a girl issue, then you can bet I'll be playing some country.  Or Just a Dream from Nelly haha, depends on how I'm feeling. 

Just so all of this makes sense with the title of the post, these songs help me cope with everything I face.  Their play counts are a lot higher on my iPod than than some of the others.  I call it a Prime State of Mind because somedays I just feel different.  The days I feel great are the days you could call my Prime Mind-State.  The ones that aren't...well I haven't come up with a name for them yet.  If you have songs you play when you feel different emotions I would love to hear about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment