Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Life is Random

It's been a while since I've posted and I figured that tonight would be a great night start back into it.  Before I do though, let me just say there's a lot to cover.  There's the Deer Hunt, and our cooking escapade, and my roommates badgering me into finding a date...etc.  Might as well start with the first one.

Over UVU's fall break, I went up to Clearfield, Utah to hunt with my cousin John and his buddy Weston.  I arrived at my uncle's house the night "before" the hunt so as to be ready to go the next morning.   I took Green Lantern with me on my iPod so I could watch a movie before I went to bed.  After watching the movie, I ended up going to sleep around 12:30 or so.  I was told to be ready to go by 10:00 the next morning.  For those of you who know a thing or two about hunting...you want to be in your spot on the mountain sometime around 6:30 if you want to get an advantage over the other hunters.  My thoughts were: "we must not be that serious about the hunt this year."  I didn't mind because I didn't have a tag and couldn't shoot, so I was fine with it.  What ended up happening was us driving up to the mountain the next day and camping overnight to hunt saturday morning.  I had forgotten the hunt started on saturday and not friday, but through some miscommunication, I thought we'd be hunting friday.  Since I hadn't brought any of my overnight stuff, I had to borrow  it from my cousins.  So we got up there and got our campsite claimed.  We were up a small draw away from all the big trailers and such so we'd have some privacy.  We set our sleeping bags up on the trailer and then went to scout the mountain.  We were just east of Grouse Creek Utah, which is pretty much the north west tip of Utah.  The air was clean and fresh so that was nice too.  We saw several deer (does and fawns) during our scouting ride.  We ate some Tinfoil dinners for dinner that night.  The great thing about them was they had Elk Meat.  We also had an extra one and guess who got to eat that...haha me.  We woke up really early the next morning and in the confusion of trying to hurry to get up on the mountain, I accidentally set off the truck's alarm.  Yeah, I made a lot of "not-friends" as my cousin John would put it.  After we got that taken care of we quickly got to our pre-picked spot and waited.  About ten minutes before the legal shooting time, a large 3-point walked in front of us.  We had to watch it go.  And sure enough...ten minutes later.  We heard shots ring out all over the place.  Everywhere except for where we were.  Go figure.

The second thing of note to happen would have to be our cooking adventure.  My roommate Jonny and I began cooking chicken to use in Fajitas.  I hadn't the faintest idea what to do, so I busied myself with the helper/assistant to the cook tasks.  Jonny put the butter in the frying pan and something went wrong.  It began issuing a lot of smoke/vapor/whispy cloud that I quickly filled the apartment and drifted upstairs.  I opened the windows and began fanning with my 3 by 4 amazon box that I still hadn't thrown away (it was the largest thing available to fan with).  So I ended up going to institute with that smell still on me.

Later that same evening, I was trying to get a date for our halloween party thing we're doing at our apartment.  After my first try was unsuccessful, I thought it might be better for me to just head back home to SF for the holiday and not worry about it.  Most people probably already had plans anyways.  James and Jonny weren't going to have that though. Thus began the pestering and badgering.

So that's a quick summary of what's been happening for me.  Nothing too exciting.  Not like grandma who goes out on the town with her peeps every week  :D  At least, that's the running joke here.

No comments:

Post a Comment